Today, the Dealmaster tops an impressive price for AMD’s Ryzen 9 3900X desktop CPU, which is currently down to $410 at many retailers. This processor originally retailed for $499, but its price has fallen steadily since its release last year and has averaged around $435 in recent months. AMD is currently selling the CPU directly for $449. Regardless, while there are a few in-store deals only at Micro Center, this is the lowest price we’ve seen for the Ryzen 9 3900X online since its launch.
If the price doesn’t let it down, the Ryzen 9 3900X is definitely a high-end CPU. The Zen 2 based processor has 12 cores divided into 24 threads, with a base clock of 3.8 GHz and a boost clock of 4.6 GHz. Compatibility with AMD’s AM4 socket means that it will not be a problem to install it on most Ryzen motherboards on the market (albeit with flashing a BIOS upgrade in many cases). As it supports the new high-bandwidth PCIe 4.0 standard, it also has a reassuring level of future-proofing for upcoming graphics cards and SSDs. The CPU comes bundled with AMD’s Wraith Prism solid state cooler as well, boosting the value.
There’s a lot of jargon, but the short version is that the Ryzen 9 3900X is a very powerful processor, especially for consumers who plan to take on video editing, 3D rendering, and other multi-threaded workloads. It’s a slight step behind similar Intel CPUs when it comes to gaming and single-core performance, and if you’re building an AMD-based PC and focus primarily on high-end gaming, then AMD’s Ryzen 7 3700X will be the best fit. Better value at the moment. This CPU also consumes significantly less power, with a TDP of 65W versus the Ryzen 9 3900X’s 105W.
But the difference in games will be slight for the majority of PC users, and the cores and threads added here and everywhere else make up for it. Energy efficiency isn’t bad for the better performance offered either. It’s not an individual comparison, but for reference, Microsoft’s upcoming Xbox Series X console will use eight Zen 2 cores at 3.8GHz, so for that matter, you’ll get more power here than you’d get with a higher-end next-gen console that won’t be released until the end of the year. We’ll also note that AMD has a more powerful consumer option in the Ryzen 9 3950X, but its price is much higher.
New Ryzen processors will inevitably arrive in the near future, and once again, look for more affordable CPUs if you don’t need the heavy lifting that the Ryzen 9 3900X can provide. But if you’re building a device to handle high-end games and big workloads in the future, this is a great buy.
If you’re not in the CPU market, we also have deals on Sega’s Genesis Mini retro console, Eero mesh Wi-Fi routers, and more. Take a look for yourself below.
Note: Ars Technica may receive compensation for sales from the links in this post through affiliate programs.
Top 10 deals of the day
Laptop and Desktop Deals
- Lenovo Yoga C940 Laptop – Intel Core i7-1065G7, 14 inch 1080p, 12 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD 1049.99 USD On Lenovo (use the code: day 3 – usually $1,299).
- Lenovo Yoga C930 Laptop – Intel Core i7-8550U, 13.9 Inch 1080p, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD $949.99 On Lenovo (use the code: day 1 Usually $1,200.
- Microsoft Surface Pro 7 Tablet – Intel Core i5-1035G4, 12.3-inch 2736×1824, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD + Surface Pro Cover (Black) 1299 USD On Amazon (usually $1,600).
- CalDigit TS3 Plus Thunderbolt 3 Docking Station – 2x Thunderbolt 3, USB-C 3.1 Gen 1, USB-C 3.1 Gen 2, 5x USB-A 3.1, DisplayPort 1.2, SDXC, Gigabit Ethernet, digital optical audio, analog I/O, charging 87 watts USD 229.99 On Amazon (usually $270).
- AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Cores / 24 Threads Desktop Processor + Xbox Game Pass for PC for 3 Months $409.99 On Amazon (usually $435).
Video game deals
- Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4) for USD 49.94 At Walmart (usually $60).
- Nioh 2 (PS4) for $39.99 On Amazon (usually $60).
- Mega Man Zero / ZX Legacy Collection (Switch) for $24.90 On Amazon (usually $30).
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 (PS4) for $19.99 On Amazon and Best Buy (usually $28).
- Yakuza Remastered Collection (PS4) for $39.99 On Amazon (usually $55).
- Persona 5 Royal – Steelbook Edition (PS4) for $49.99 At GameStop (usually $60).
- Celeste (XB1) for $9.99 At Microsoft (usually $20).
- fire control (XB1) for 4.99 USD At Microsoft (usually $20).
- indivisible (PS4) for USD 16.94 On Amazon (usually $25).
- Trover saves the universe (PS4, PSVR) for USD 17.97 On Amazon (usually $24).
- Monster Hunter: The World (PS4) for 15.09 USD On Amazon (usually $20).
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Full Version (Switch) for $44.99 On Amazon (usually $50).
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Full Version (XB1, PS4, PC) for systems US $14.99 On Microsoft, PlayStation Store, and Steam (usually $25).
- sonic mania (Switch, PS4) for $9.99 At the Nintendo eShop and PlayStation Store (usually $20).
- Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition (XB1, Switch) for USD 18.74 At Microsoft and Nintendo eShop (usually $25).
- Sayonara Wild Hearts (Switch) for $9.74 At the Nintendo eShop (usually $13).
- Bayonetta and Vanquish . 10th Anniversary Package (PS4, XB1) for $29.99 At Best Buy (usually $40).
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (PS4, XB1) for US $14.99 At Best Buy (usually $25).
- Mario and Sonic at the 2020 Olympics (Switch) for $39.99 At Best Buy and Nintendo eShop (usually $50).
- Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Edition (computer) for Free in the Epic Games Store (requires 2FA – Usually $25).
- Pre-order: Cyberpunk 2077 movie (PS4, XB1, PC) for systems USD 49.94 On Amazon (usually $60).
TV Shows and Home Entertainment
- Roku Smart Soundbar + 4K Media Streaming Device for $149.99 On Amazon (usually $180).
- Polk Command Bar Smart Speaker + Wireless Subwoofer for $199 On Amazon (usually $235).
smart home deals
Miscellaneous accessories and deals
- iOttie iTap Magnetic Mount 2 Smartphone Car Dashboard $19.95 On Amazon (usually $25).
- iOttie iTap Magnetic 2 CD Slot Smartphone Car Holder $19.95 On Amazon (usually $25).
- Aukey PA-D2 USB-C Wall Charger – 2x 30W USB-C PD, Total 36W for USD 20.24 on amazon (Coupon Clip 25% – Usually $27).
- Aukey PA-D3 USB-C Wall Charger – 60 Watt USB-C PD, 12 Watt USB-A, 60 Watt Total, GaN USD 26.94 on amazon (Clip 23% coupon Usually $35.
- RAVPower RP-PC112 USB-C – GaN, 61W USB-C PD Wall Charger for $19.99 on amazon (2 دولار dollar coupon clipping And use the code: PC112FMV – Usually $35.99).
- Nekteck 5-Port 111W USB-C Desktop Charger – 111W Total, 87W USB-C PD, 4x USB-A $39.99 On Amazon (usually $50).
- Anker PowerWave Base Pad Qi Wireless Charger – 10W Galaxy / 7.5W iPhone, No AC Adapter for 10.99 USD On Amazon (usually $14).
- Anker Premium 5-in-1 USB-C hub – 2x USB 3.0, HDMI (4K at 30Hz), SD, microSD for USD 17.99 on amazon (coupon clipping 15% And use the code: Unkrhop 34 – Usually $23.99).
- Mophie Powerstation AC Portable Battery Pack – 100W AC, 30W USB-C PD, USB-A, 22000mAh for $127.59 On Amazon (usually $195).
- Apple USB-C to USB Adapter dongle for 13 dollars On Amazon (usually $17).
- Yubico Security Key USB-A 2FA Security Key for $18 On Amazon (usually $20).